Maynard Design + Architecture is a small and flexible design firm that prides itself on creative and innovative design solutions tailored to the individual needs and contexts of our clients.
The first step of the process is to involve us in the discussion, so please contact us. At an initial meeting we will introduce ourselves, our approach and get a feeling for the project’s goals and parameters. We will then follow up with a proposal for services. Projects will typically follow some or all aspects of the following process:
- Existing Conditions: Gather information on the project from existing plans, field measurements and surveys. Draft this information into the appropriate drawing formats (plans, sections, elevation, and models).
- Schematic Design & Design Development: Explore various conceptual alternatives based on the scope of the project. Meet to discuss the proposed options. Refine and resolve the accepted scheme into a developed design.
- Construction Documents: Produce detailed drawings suitable for bidding, permitting and construction
- Bid Administration: Assist with identification and selection of suitable builders and contract negotiation
- Construction Administration: observe and collaborate with the builder to confirm the satisfactory execution of the design. Through this process we will arrive at a considered response to the various criteria of your project and assist in its realization.
MD+A offers a range of architectural design and planning services for residential and small institutional, academic, and commercial clients. We provide interior and landscape design services as well as assistance with site selection, site planning and development.
We look forward to talking with you about your project!